Renting Furnished vs Unfurnished: Which one is best for you?
More often, landlords and tenants are afflicted on what they should put for lease or rent – furnished or unfurnished property. Landlords impart their time and effort in furnishing their premises – they make sure that it will be pleasing to the tenants. On the other hand, tenants have their style and preference – this is where the conflict between parties starts. Renting furnished vs unfurnished? Let’s help you decide.
Rentals are in demand long ago – far more than we imagined. In this article, we will address both sides, and somehow you find it plain sailing to decide between renting a furnished or unfurnished property.
Difference between Furnished Property and Unfurnished Property
People get confused about furnished and unfurnished properties. They often thought that unfurnished rentals are bare and unlivable. Moreover, these are some facts about the furnished and unfurnished property.
What is a Furnished Rental?
This type of property comes with all fixtures and furniture. Everything you need is provided – you only have to bring your suitcase and sustenance. Practically, you can live comfortably and assuredly enough. Furnished apartments are typically in shorter-term leases. However, a furnished property comes with a higher rental. The following are the lists of inclusions in a furnished apartment:
- Kitchen Fixtures and Utensils
- Bathroom Fixtures
- Flooring (carpets, vinyl, etc.)
- Sofa set
- Dining table set
- Wardrobe/s or Closet/s
- Chest of drawers
- Curtains or blinds
- Electrical and Lighting fixtures
- White goods (Air-conditioner, refrigerator, oven, washing machine, induction cooker or stove, etc.)
Furnished properties are for tenants who:
- Want a short-term lease
- Are students and professionals that need a living space closer to work and university
- Are business or corporate owners who want to provide space for their clients or staffs
What is an Unfurnished Rental?
People are confused with this type of property – they assume that it is entirely bare, but it’s not. It is still livable, but the inclusions are reduced. Unfurnished apartments are more common in longer-term leases – 12 months and above. Renting or letting an unfurnished apartment is relatively inexpensive than a furnished apartment; however, if you are a tenant, you still need to buy some furniture and appliances on your own. The following are the lists of inclusions in an unfurnished apartment:
- Kitchen Fixtures
- Bathroom Fixtures
- Painted ceiling and walls
- Floorings (vinyl, polished tile, or wood)
- Internal doors
- Electrical and Lighting fixtures
Unfurnished properties are for tenants who:
- Want to stay for a long-term
- Are families and other people who previously own furniture
- Want to make their flat feel like home
Which is more significant for landlords?
Though there is a reputable dispute between furnished and unfurnished property – still, Landlords should always consider the tenants’ ideal and preferred type of lease – short-term or long-term stay. Besides, whatever type of property the landlords let will induce a profit. Furthermore, these are the benefits of furnished and unfurnished property for landlords.
Benefits of leasing a furnished rental
- Higher security deposit. Landlords can charge a higher maximum deposit to protect them in covering the cost of damaged furniture and fixture.
- The fixtures, furniture, and appliances can be reused repeatedly until worn out.
- Landlords will save money in moving out stuff when the tenancy ends.
- Leasing a furnished property can attract more tenants, especially students, young families, and young professionals.
- Landlords can demand a higher cost.
Benefits of leasing an unfurnished rental
- Landlords can sleep well and tight knowing there are no furnishings that can wear and tear.
- Attracts tenants who prefer an apartment with their touch of preference and style
- Save the time, effort, and initial outlay of the landlords in terms and furnishings
- Insurance of any furniture the tenants bring is unnecessary
Renting Furnished vs Unfurnished: Which is more significant for Tenants?
Here comes struggle when looking for an apartment, especially when you’re on a tight budget or fussy. Let this article help you clear your mind and rent with ease. What are the benefits of tenants who wish to get a furnished or unfurnished property?
Benefits of a furnished apartment
- Trouble-free moving. You only need to bring your luggage, personal belongings, and sustenance.
- Reduce stress, energy, and time consumption. Furnishing an apartment is troublesome, especially if you’re a busy bee.
- Lower acquisition cost. You don’t have to fret about the cost of furnishings – it is all set for you.
- You can still redecorate. Accessorize the flat whatever you want, the style of rags and doormats – incorporate small and space-saver furniture, etc.
Benefits of an unfurnished apartment
- Less expensive. You heard it right. The rental fee for an unfurnished apartment will cost lesser – the money left can be used in purchasing economical furniture and appliances.
- Reduce worries. Living with your landlord’s furnishings can be inconvenient; thus, you can be at peace in your living space surrounded by your things. You don’t have to worry if you spilled a chocolate mix on the wallpaper and leave a blood spot on your couch because they’re all yours.
- Press personal touch. You can customize your flat whatever style or decorations you want – the design and color of your sofa, dining table, bed, and wardrobe. Do it if it makes you feel at home.
Finding the perfect property will cost you time and patience. If you’re looking for a property listing partner across Nigeria, we’ve got one for you! Property List Hub is highly commended by most property seekers all over the country. This platform is created with the help of Developers and Real Estate Agents to link searchers of residential and commercial properties in the market within Nigeria. Visit their website now! Property List Hub will help you find your dream property at an economical price.